Finding Funny in Communications
In order to accomplish anything, you need to be heard and remembered! Humor works. Using humor in both your written and verbal business communications will:
- keep your audience engaged
- connect with clients/employees/coworkers
- “sell“ your organization/product/service/idea to others
- make your message memorable.
This keynote combines Jan’s humor along with some easy-to-implement techniques that anyone can use to inject humor into their communications.
Jan has written for everyone from the Tonight Show monologue to hundreds of radio stations, greeting cards, CEOs, cartoon strips, websites, and even guests on the Jerry Springer show (shhh, don’t tell!). But this great keynote is not just about joke writing. Jan uses examples from your industry to demonstrate how to create and use humor that works. This is based on her book Finding the Funny FAST: how to create quick humor to connect with clients, coworkers & crowds.
Here’s what happy clients are saying about Jan’s Finding the Funny in Communications keynote!
Click here to see millions more great quotes.
“Your presentation was a huge success with our membership. You received very high marks from IAPSS members in attendance. Our members would highly recommend your presentation “Finding the Funny in Communications.” While having a GREAT time, they left with what they saw as some great pointers for working more effectively with different publics. Great concepts! Again, please accept our appreciation for a great opportunity to learn.” J.E.s, Executive Director, Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
“After listening to Jan McInnis’ keynote speech to our group of Human Resources professionals, I can unequivocally state she was the right person for the job. She blended humor into some very serious topics during these times of great financial stress to local governments in the State of Florida. Excellent job, Jan.”T.N., President, Florida Public Personnel Association
“Thank you for a wonderful program. Working with you was great. I truly appreciate the extra time you took to learn the unique details of my organization and of the audience to whom you would be speaking. Both your keynote and workshop presentations were a big hit and right on target. Every conference planner searches for a speaker that will inform and entertain, is easy to work with and affordable – you fit the bill in all areas. Thank you for making me look good. I hope that we get the chance to work together again in the future.” J.O., Communication director, Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
“Thanks so much for joining GVSBO…WXYZ on Friday. Our group really enjoyed the presentation and the chance to laugh – sometimes at ourselves – on Friday. I think you highlighted so many great ways to fit humor into our jobs that we often don’t consider. You highlighted some very effective strategies for using humor in appropriate ways as professionals. It was breath of fresh air into our economic and legislative realities which can be a drag upon our profession.” J.H., Grand Valley School Business Officials (GVSBO)
“Thank you once again for your participation at last month’s LDI (Leadership Development Institute)! Everyone really enjoyed your presentation! At the very beginning of LDI we usually conduct an activity called the “Content Before Connection Exercise.” Your presentation replaced this activity and it still accomplished the goal.”
C.N., St. Mary’s Medical Center
Quotes From Happy Conference Attendees:
- Probably the best session of any conference I have been to because I was able to relax and laugh for over an hour with my professional peers. Presenter was fabulously funny and smart. A fabulous comedian. An appropriate choice for the closing ceremony.
- What a great way to end the conference. I’m so glad I didn’t leave early to catch a plane. I enjoyed her through the entire presentation.
- Good tips about humor. I want to incorporate them into my communication style when situations get tense. Jan is terrific. Enjoyed her presentation and would highly recommend using her again.
- Excellent speaker. Relevant topic. I am glad I attended this lecture and the convention. Took notes and used the tips.
- She addressed her audience well.
- Hysterical speaker. Great way to end the convention.
- Great presentation. Very unique way of presenting information.
- This was the best post conference comedian. Every day should have ended with her.
- Jan is probably one of the best presenters I have heard in over 20 years. I wish we could bring her to our hospital for some good ole fashion humor education . WOW! I learned a great deal and laughed the whole time I did so. Laughter is both healing and a great teacher.
- I appreciate that Jan took the time to contact the (convention) folks, read up on the conference program, and get in some great stuff about us!
- One word – AWESOME.
- WOW what a finish!
Let's keep in touch! Get her newsletter by clicking here!
Cleaning Out The Closet - Comedy in Strange Places
Eating Wild - Laughing At Dinner on the Serengeti
Caught-in-a-Wood-Chipper-Keynote Speaking at its Best
Perfecting Nothing - Sticking to Comedy and Humor Keynotes is not Enough
Cats Versus Dogs - a comedian's take
The SANDY Rules - Keynoting at Commencement
Watching the Nutcraker Ballet 22 Times
My Dog Corpuscle - A Funny Name Foreshadowing My Future as a Keynote Speaker
Friending Your Friends - Or the Funny Thing About Friends
You Want Me to Perform Where? Comedy in Strange Situations an excerpt from my book convention Comedian Stories and Wisdom From Two Decades of Chicken Dinner
Too Sane for Fame - A Comedian's Dilemma
Looping Through Life - A Comedian's Observations
Stripper Clothing - Laughing at Labels
How I launched my comedy career because of $39 bucks - Listening to Your Inner Voice
Helpful Useless Information - Stuff I learned in My Comedy Career
The Inconvenience of Convenience - It's Kinda Funny
Comedy Wisdom - Comedy Advice I’ve Learned The Hard Way
Communicating in a Perfect World - A Comedian’s Take On Communications